ZS13:AK5 Fatimah as Syugra binti Hussain rha


Fatimah Sugra was Imam Hussain's daughter. Honestly, I don't have much information about her. So did Azmi. During our visit to her shrine, there were group of Indian Shi'a Muslim chanting and offering their prayer at the top level of the shrine. According to Azmi, her body was at the lower level (the above photo) I had spent hours on the internet browsing and searching about her story and alhamdullillah, I managed this story below - quite a touchy story that shed tears from my humble eyes:
When she was about eight years old, she laid on her bed praying that her father would agree to take her. "Ya Allah!", Sugra murmured, "I hope I would not be left alone in Madina!"
Just then she heard her father's foot-steps. She quickly wiped away the tears from her eyes, propped herself into a sitting position and put on a brave smile to convince her father that she was well enough to travel.
Saidina Hussain ra sat on the bed, put his hand on Fatimah Sugra's head and said, "When you were born, my dear. I named you after my mother Fatimah az Zahra. Your grand mother was also known as Saabira, which means the patient one. I want you also to be a saabira and agree to stay in Madina with Ummul Baneen and Umm Salmah. Will you do that?"
What could Fatimah Sugra say? She nodded her head fighting back her tears. Saidina Hussain ra kissed her and left the room.
Whenever the children of the Ahlul Bait were troubled by any thing, they took their problem to Hazrat Abbas. Fatimah Sugra thought of her dear uncle, smiled hopefully, and sent for Abbas. Surely, he would find a way to solve her problem?
Abbas came in. He was accompanied by Ali Akber.
Fatimah Sugra looked at them and said, "I know how much you two love me. How can you then leave me and go away? If I die who will bury me?" They explained her that she was too ill to travel and promised her that they would come and fetch her as soon as they had settled some where.
Fatimah Sugra said, "I will accept that as I do not wish to disobey my father. I will be brave and stay here." She looked lovingly at her brother and added, "Ali Akber, promise me one thing though. When after you get married and return to Madinah, and find Fatimah Sugra gone, promise that you and your bride will visit my grave and recite Fatihah."
Akber and Abbas could not control their tears as they said good bye.
At dawn the caravan departed. Supported by Umm Salmah on one side and Ummul Baneen on the other, Fatimah Sugra waved good-bye. It was difficult to part with Asghar and both Saidina Hussain ra and Bibi Rubaab had to hold and console Fatimah Sugra as she kissed her little brother good-bye.
The story of Kerbala is a tale of five journeys of tears. This was the first journey. From Madina to Mecca. Each journey had its hero and heroine. The hero of this first journey was Imaam Hussain and the heroine was the memory of Fatimah Sugra, his beloved daughter whom he had left behind. Until they turned the corner, Imaam kept looking back. He would bravely smile and wave to his daughter. Ali Akber of course could not even do that because he was unable to control his tears.
As soon as they were out of sight, Saidina Hussain ra stopped his horse and began to sob! It is always so very difficult and so very sad for a parent and child to part!
Days passed into months. Fatimah Sugra would spend her days in the mosque or visiting Ummul Baneen, Hazrat Abbas's mother. Ramadhan passed. Eid was a difficult day for Fatimah Sugra. She kept on thinking of Asghar, and Akber and her darling sister Sakina.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.cafb29b24.org/docs/buyativan/#drug ativan hallucinations - lorazepam 1 mg duration