my close encounter with d Sarawak prominent Chief

|

We had a 4 days long weekend this week for Malaysians to celebrate the lunar Chinese New year that falls from 3.2.2011. The kids however, were pampered by the one week or 9 days school break. In Bintulu, after exploring the Taman Millennium at Kidurong and tried to ‘chase‘the traditional lion dance that went to the Chinese residents’ houses, we were running short of idea on where to spend the holiday. Earlier, we had planned to drive to KK, Sabah through Brunei Darus Salam, Limbang and Lawas, but the idea was deferred due to the limited time that I had in preparing myself for my 5th tour of duty at KLCC. It was a wet day – raining since early in the morning and drizzling throughout the day, which ‘forced’ us to stay at home watching Al –Jazeera, CNN and BBC on the Egypt Uprising breaking news. Interestingly, these 3 channels, through my interpretation, conveyed the same messages – supporting the Pro-Democracy Egyptians’ appeal to their president to honorably step down from his 30 years helm. On the second day of the holiday, when we had typical Malay breakfast – fried rice, salted fish, etc. – (heavy stuff eh!), I suggested to Nana (after exploring few options):” immediately after this, pack up we go to Miri”. The idea was blissfully welcomed by Nana with no hesitant. Except M Asri, the four of us knocked off and departed Miri at around 10:05 am. It was raining throughout the journey, but we reached Miri before 12 noon mainly due to less traffic on the road that had eased our trip. After having our lunch at our favorite Madli’s CafĂ©, we went to Masjid At Taqwa Miri (some photos with brief info about the Masjid was released earlier), which is just 5 minutes drive from Madli’s. We were actually early for the Friday prayer, but the parking space was almost full and there were traffic polices standing guard around the Masjid . I parked my car quite a distance away from the Masjid’s main entrance and while on the way to the Masjid, I’ve asked one of the traffic police: “who is coming, brother?” he briefly replied me;”Chief Minister”. “O..no wonder” I grasped. I was actually went in with my new snapper – D7000 and “this would be an opportunity for me” I talked to myself. True enough, seconds after M Aiman and I made our ablution, the Sarawak Chief Minister and his second wife with the entourage appeared at the Masjid’s lobby from their VVIP’s vehicle. Shamelessly, amid the formally attired VIPs, I took my snapper and shot few stunning photos of the beloved Pehin Seri Hj Taib Mahmud, Chief Minister of Sarawak and his gorgeous wife. After almost five decades exploring this temporary world, that was my first ever experience – close encounter with the Sarawak Premiere and had a chance capturing live his steady-energetic figure. About his second wife though, my only comment is – he has an awesome taste!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just so you know, the beloved Taib has always been involving in corruption and exploitation of Sarawak's resources.