TP3: A Prominent Person we Met at Kapalicarsi

|

While wandering inside the Grand Bazaar or Kapalicarsi, a ‘guy’ summoned me from behind; “Orang Malaysia?” he claimed. I looked to my left, where the summon came from and I could not believed with my eyes; speechless and stunned for a few seconds, I responded; “Datuk..! Apa khabar?” At that instance, honestly, I was not too sure whether I addressed him correctly or not. He continued, “Bercuti dengan keluarga?” (on vacation with your family?). I replied him politely, “Ye Datuk, kita baru sampai semalam” (Yes, indeed. We arrived last night). Datuk Seri Mustapa bin Mohamed, Malaysian Minister of International Trade and Industry, is one of the prominent Malaysian politicians or ministers that I admired. Soft spoken and humble, are among of his characters that I counts and respects. He asked me what I do and spent times with my boys, Afi, M Afiq and M Asri on their education, etc. Well, the boys were a little bit shy talking with a Minister with such caliber. His wife and his wife’s friend – a Datin, were very friendly and so were their kids. There were no signs of arrogant, proud, and ‘high-nose’ from their faces and words. It was really an experience meeting them. Salute you Datuk Seri.
Muhammad Asri, 'Afi and Muhammad Afiq with Datuk Seri Mustapa Mohamed.

0 comments: