Sharing&Learning::from Robin Sharma

|

The title of his latest newsletter was quite catchy, which had lured my curiousity - Fly Before U Fly
"I'm back after my summer hiatus, a time where I replenish, rethink and recover. A time that I've learned is not only valuable for me as a Creative but a period that is actually part of the process of peak performance.Before my break, I did the final Awakening Best Self Weekend. I was blessed to spend 2.5 days with world-class executives, entrepreneurs and people from every imaginable walk of life. I had so many conversations and had a truly fantastic time. I wanted to share an insight I learned from one participant with you.He came from Turkey. He'd been in the Air Force, as a fighter pilot. He was smart, super enthusiastic and definitely switched on. In the piece where I talked about the importance of planning and preparation (and crafting meticulous daily/yearly/lifetime plans), he said: "when I was being trained in the Air Force, we were taught to 'fly before you fly'." He then explained that before every flight, it was mission-critical to obsessively go though every element of the mission and check every possible protocol. Only then would he be given clearance to liftoff.As you set your gauges and prep your flights to ensure 2010 rounds out as your best year yet, I encourage you to 'fly before you fly'. Develop a ridiculously clear picture of what your best work will look like over the next few months. Record 5 things that need to happen for you to feel you played at wow by December 31. And get super clear on the smartest uses of your time so you don't succumb to the dangerous distractions of our digital world. Do all of this and I assure you, this year will end up as your best year... so far."

7 Rules to Create a Great Business
1] Hire only "A Players" because you can't coach height.
2] Narrow your focus and devote your resources to being best in world at only one thing.
3] Train and develop your team relentlessly because the growth of your sales is a reflection of the growth of your people.
4] Take care of people and the money will take care of itself.
5] Put your most valuable resources on your most valuable opportunities.
6] Get your product right so that people are awed by it.
7] Commit to operational excellence.

0 comments: