2nd Round & my 4th STINT

|

The last time I went to Bintulu was during our summer vacation 2008. Today, with my new machine, after completing the signing ‘ceremony’ of the S&P, MOT, and other red-tapes documents for purchasing a house, we knocked off at around 13:49 hrs from PermyJaya departed for Bintulu. I decided to use the coastal road, which is nearer by distance. However, the bumpy, winding & narrow road forced me to drive at an average speed of 70 KM/hr. Alhamdullillah – praise only to Allah swt, we arrived at Tanjung Kidurong border at around 16:21 hrs. We stopped at Masjid Darul Hidayah to perform our ‘Asar prayer. Amazing! That was my first impression about the Masjid. It has undergone a dramatic transformation in many aspects, especially its facilities, which serves not only for people to perform the obligatory congregation but providing a place for people to enhance their inner strength and knowledge holistically. Kudos to the committee.
Bintulu itself has demonstrated a massive and impressive transformation over the years, which has attracted big major investors from all over the world. For instance, on the same day, we were quite fortunate watching the Borneo International Kite festival that was launched earlier in the morning.
We check-in at the New World Suites, a relatively new hotel located in the new township adjacent to the Park City Everly Hotel.
The trip marks the beginning of my second round tour of duty in Bintulu, my forth stint of my solid twenty-one years commitment with the Malaysian Oil & Gas giant – Petroliam Nasional Berhad. May Allah swt grant me His Grace, Mercy and Blessing for me to shoulder the new tasks and responsibilities at the second LNG plant in the world. Amiin.

0 comments: