What a Fortunate Day

|

I was supposed to go back to Alexandria today. However, fortunate or unfortunately, I was asked to stay back to continue our meeting tomorrow morning. At that point of time, most of the staff had went back and it was already dark, around 17:30 hours. Luckily, the responsible party was still in the office and she managed securing me a room at JW Marriot, Mirage. To cut the story short, there I was at the exclusive reception of this one of my favorites, entertained by a friendly receptionist named Rady. Breaking the ice, he politely asked me, “how was your flight, Sir?” I replied him fairly, “I was from my offie at Maadi”. Than, he jovially responded to me; “O, you drive from Maadi and, are you working here?” I replied him short; “ Yes, I am” After a while, he asked me another question, “ Is it your first time staying with JW Marriot, Sir?” I cynically answered him, “No, many times and you could verify it with your colleagues” While he was sorting out the booking, his colleagues Mai, Mohamed and another guy whom I could not recall the names greeted me by name with their friendly sincere gestures. Well, ‘disturbed’ by the greetings, he felt guilty with me. However, I comforted him not to feel that way as there is always first time in life. Out of his humble feeling, perhaps courtesy, he put me to one of their Junior Suite. Alhamdullillah. But, what I am going to do with such a luxury room for merely 11 hours stay?

0 comments: