A Zaidi's Farewell:M Rosdi's House Warming:Solat Hajat

|

Yesterday, after my hectic Malaysia trip, I went to Cairo with Nana, M Aiman, Afiqah attending Ahmad Zaidi’s farewell at Le Pacha, Giza – located between Al Soraya and MaXim along the Nile River. We moved from Alexandria, specifically from our house at around 16:05 hours. It was rather late though. Mild migraine attacked me, thus forced myself to shut off my eyes and brain. It worked, after almost two third of the trip, I woke up and stop at my favorite Masjid Ar Rahman near Castrol Fuel station along the Desert road or highway. Refreshed by the ablution, I performed my two raka’at ‘Asar prayer.
Alhamdullillah, the traffic was not that heavy and we arrived at Le Pacha around 19:15 hours. I was the first to arrive and it is always better to be the first though.
The food was great and the ambience was nice. After Zaidi recited his nearly 20 minute’s farewell speech, the party adjourned at 22:55 hours.
Nana and the kids were at Yusmadi’s house. They fetched me from Le Pacha, despite the horrible traffic congestion, at 23:05 hours. I have slight miscalculated the road traffic versus the Egyptian culture, hence the very late check in at JW Marriot at Mirage city. The highly competent caliber of the JW Marriot and their great efficient services energized my franticness and motivated my self-esteem. Upon my arrival at the lobby around 00:15 hours, I showed them the on-line hotel booking confirmation from my PDA. The lead crew, Michael responded positively; “No need Sir, we know you very well” and he went immediately to the monitor while his hospitality entertained me. I explained to him why I was late and he felt sorry for that.”Ok Sir, I will give you our Junior Suite!” he comforted me. “That is great Michael” I jovially responded and thanked him. It was merely less than ten minutes, I received the card key and left for the suite with Nana and the kids.
We checked out at 12:00 hours the next day and went to Maadi for Mohamed Rosdi’s house-warming party after the Friday prayer. It was a great house-warming, the varieties of foods were great and M Rosdi was really a superb host.
At 17:50 hours we arrived at “Rumah Sarawak” for the Solat el Hajat program organized by IMSAK – the Association of Sarawak Student in Egypt. This decent association had somehow or rather made tremendous improvement in many aspects: The cleanliness of their hostel is remarkably clean and organize; there were many significant activities and program organized since early this year; now they had recently launched their first mini market; they had also renovated another room for rental purposes to any visitors or travelers (mainly due to the existing one is fully occupied; they are currently working with the Malaysian Embassy formulating a project paper for the major renovation of the whole building and last but not least, they had just got their blog launched (in February 2010) in the cyberspace – http://IMSAKMESIR.blogspot.Com.
After the program – Solat Hajat, we departed for Alexandria at around 20:44 hours. Afiqah and m Aiman slept all the way. I dozed off the half way through and finally arrived at 23:55 hours. Alhamdullillah Salamah.

0 comments: