KL from the window of 2908 - Mandarin Oriental


I arrived at one of my favorites hotel – the Mandarin Oriental around 23:25 hours. Not what I have expected. I took an Express Railway Link or ERL that was supposedly an express 28 minutes ride from KLIA to KL Central. However, it turned out to be a non express service with 4 stops that caused us about 10 minutes delay! For the same amount of money that you have paid, it was a little bit frustrated. Well, that’s life. What options did I have during that particular time? Nevertheless, the check-in process was very smooth. Upon my arrival at the reception or the front desk, the receptionist – a young Chinese lady (can’t recall her name) greeted me; “Welcome to Mandarin Oriental Sir….Can I help you Sir?” I gave her my passport and reciprocated; “Thank you..yes, please…I would like to check-in.” she took my passport and at the same time out of her courtesy, she politely asked me; “how was your trip, Sir?” “Well, it was a long hectic trip…..but what to do though” I responded with my somber mood. “Yes, Mr. Hj Joll, you will be staying here for two nights and would you prefer smoking or a non smoking room?” She excitingly addressed me by name but courteously reaffirmed my booking. “Nope, I’ve got no preference….thank you” I confirmed my requirement. She took merely 5 minutes and handed over the card key to me; “here is you room key Sir, have a nice day” she kindly closed the conversation, in which I responded;”That was fast…great, thank you”. Near to KLCC and their distinctive services are the two main reasons I put myself here when I am on business trip. Very convenient!
I woke up for my Fajr prayer around 06:05 hours and continued my nap again. The last time I stayed in this hotel was July 2009. Within that short span of time, I would say, there were a lot of changes and development going on around KL. Right in front of the Mandarin Oriental for instance – the view from 2908, 10 months ago, the Developer was still struggling with the ground floor or the lower level of the exclusive condominium. Now, it was up and occupied by millionaire club members and societies. The garden or landscape in front of the hotel has been removed to give way for another project – the underground tunnel and one of the concierges said, for underground shopping complex. Whether his claim was true or not, the fact is that, construction is going on aggressively. The view of KL’s skyline and its inhabitants from this room was amazing and impressive. It reflected the strength and the attitude of the people economically, etc.
KL is always an interesting place to visit. InsyaAllah, God willing, my next tour of duty will be probably based in KL or to be specific the PETRONAS Twin Tower (PETH). Honestly, this is not really my preference. But, as long as I would like to stay with the current Employer, I will commit myself to their policy, business needs and requirements. In my opinion, complying with the companies’ rules is part of the ibadah if you understand the fundamentals of the Islamic teaching well. One needs to put their best efforts, honest and sincerely for Allah swt in anything that he does in this world. What really important is the Almighty Allah Rabbul Jalil’s Blessing, Grace and Mercy. O Allah, please place us at the right place which You think is better for us. Aamiin.

0 comments: