nobody could replace them...


Suddenly the Sudirman’s song – Pelangi Petang or literally the evening rainbow touched my mind and soul. My vulnerable eyes were flooded with glittering tears triggered by the nostalgic lyrics and sweet melody of the song sung by one of my favorite’s Malaysian entertainer – Sudirman Hj Arshad. Born in Temerloh Pahang on 25 May 1954, some described him as a ‘People Singer’; some called him a ‘Singing lawyer’; and to me he is just a humble creative honest philanthropist who has left a legacy to the music industry in Malaysia. He left us and this temporary world on 22 February 1992… no wonder his stories, songs or even his Chow Kit Road concert were broadcasted by all the local TVs last week!
The melody reminded me of my beloved mom who left me in December 1976, when I was 11 years old. I was crying the whole day till the reservoir of my eyes went dry, mourning and grieving about my future…. Alhamdullillah, praise only to Allah swt, somebody picked me up and brought me to Miri where life and hope was granted by Allah the Almighty. I was grown up in Miri then, until I married to the daughter of another woman whom I really admired and inspired – Hjh Baidah Binti Abdullah. Allah swt love her most, she departed this short span world alone…. I mean alone in her house at Piasau Jaya…none of her kids were around when the angel of death finally pulled her last breath.

“You came like a rainbow; with no light but you’d delighted us; and you had enlightened and inspired us..” chorus of Pelangi Petang by Sudirman Hj Arshad
May your soul rest in peace bless by Allah swt.

0 comments: