My Last day at Level 54 of the world tallest Twin Tower

|

Today is my last day sitting at my corner-lot office of L54 of the world tallest Twin Tower, tower 1 KL. My last day of my two months assignment with the second man of the Malaysian Oil and Gas giant, one and only fortune 400 companies – the Executive Price President (EVP), Gas and Power Business of Petronas. The opportunity or rather privilege serving the EPVs, VPs and other prominent top management team was indeed a wonderful and a very challenging experience that had made me another better person. The two months stint had taught me about what ‘corporate world’ is all about and being a ‘brain’ or thinker of the business is not an easy task as what most of the people perceived or envied. Not all people fit the team and if one thinks that he is the possible candidate, he must possess certain characters, knowledge, experience (if I want to add in the list) and also, not only mentally but physically fit. As for myself, at this age, I have conform to the above prerequisite except for the physical part of me, hence I gentlemanly withdraw myself from the game to give way to young, dynamic and talented executive. Also, I want to be fair to the business and the team. Millions if not zillion of thanks for accommodating my two months stay here in GPBU; sharing and teaching me the ‘corporate world’. Despite the short span of time, I can feel the camaraderie that we had built together had made me another better Saiful. My departure is just a physical part of me, my heart and soul will surely be with you forever after. Hopefully, God willing, we will cross path again in future tour of duty. Last but not least, as a mere humble imperfect human being; please accept my apologies for all my shortcomings and wrong doings on my part during my many encounters and interactions with you, especially while performing my duties.

0 comments: