my usual Pit STOP::Masjid Darul Istiqamah


Since I’ve moved to Bintulu in October 2010 as a married bachelor, driving back to Miri with my machine QMQ5299 during every weekend or any available opportunities was an obligation to me. Usually, I knocked-off from office around 16:45 hours or sometime as late as 18:00 hours, depending on my office demand that day. After about one hour and forty-five minutes accelerating at an average speed of 105 km/hr, on the narrow and bumpy (some stretch) coastal Bintulu-Miri road, I usually had my ‘pit-stop’ at Masjid Darul Istiqamah, Kpg Luak Miri. The hospitality of the people there were amazing. They usually hold a small gathering and dining after ‘Isya prayer on Friday night. One Friday, I arrived around 20:05 hours and performed my ‘Isya and Maghrib prayers along the corridor. Before I commenced, one kind polite brother at his mid 30s greeted me and out of feeling guilty (I guess), as the responsible locals, he invited me to perform my obligation inside the main prayer hall. I politely responded to him that it was fine for me to do it here (along the nice spacious corridor). He smiled away satisfactorily and left me alone. At least he has done his part! In Islam, entertaining a traveler is part of the obligations that Muslims must observe. However, one point that I want to make is about people perception on the place to pray, which is influenced by their cultural mind frame.

0 comments: