ESNCairo9::Masjid Atinbugha Maridani

|

Continue walking north, about 30 meters from the tomb of Abu al Yusufayn is one of the finest monuments of the fourteenth century, the Masjid of Altinbugha al Maridani, which was originally built inn 1340. Amir Altinbugha or literally means the ‘golden bull’ al Maridani was the son-in-law of Sultan al Nasir Muhammad. He was Sultan Nasir’s cupbearer and finally governor of Aleppo or Halab, where he died at the age of twenty five in the year 1341. Some claimed that he was murdered in an attempt to gain al Nasir’s throne.
While admiring the splendid meticulous work of the fourteenth century’s’ craftsmen, I was accompanied by three decent curious local kids who tried to catch my attention. “’aiz shuwara, ya ammu” one of them cried while the other giggled their behind me. “meshy” I replied while showing my passion towards them. I pointed my DSLR towards them but they bashfully walk away. I approached them and took few shot of their lovely humble face. Their presence had reminded me about my past life – the first part of life when my beloved mom was still with me. Life had never been ‘easy’ and it never will, for those who understand what life in this temporary world all about and for those who are near to Allah swt. Nevertheless, it should not be an excuse for us to live lethargically sluggish. I thanked them and moved on.
Above is the view of al Tabanna Street from the east side of the Masjid Altinbugha al Maridani, which was extensively restored by Le Comité in 1895 – 1903 but I think there is a need to have another round of restoration again. And, below is view of the north façade of the Masjid as I walked to the last cluster of the first phase of the adventure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Masha'allah Cairo looks beautiful Subhanallah!

Make Du'a that I am able to go there one day!
Barikallah Feekum.

-

Your Fellow Muslim Brother from UK
:)

Hopkinsxekn said...

Firstly, you have to figure out what particular type of US gold coin you want to collect. P/E - 14.5 Those folks might find that investing in single Israeli stocks is just a hard way to go and they would be right. This is because a lot of money is involved in forex trading.