Tan Sri Dato' Seri Mohd Hassan Marican

|

He is one of the Malaysian philanthropy that I really adored and admired. His countless significant successful stories and biography had been mentioned a lot by many people of all levels all over the globe through all channels. His name and photo speaks by itself. He is not an angel though, but I must say he is a great man in many aspects.
I had few chances talking and meeting him personally. Well, nobody would aspect me meeting or talking with him everyday, would he? Who am I to have that privilege anyway? He is a Tan Sri of Fortune 100 company, which had contributed significantly to the nation and people building. Despite those facts and I am being thousands kilometers away from the Twin Towers of PETRONAS, his farewell had shed tears not only my eyes but also thousands others’.
This humble down to earth accountant hails from Sungai Petani Kedah, who has helmed Malaysia’s biggest and successful company was given a rousing send-off by thousands of Petronasians at the lobby and foyer of the Towers.
What I heard from my friends and read from the media, many (that’s includes me as well) were disappointed at him leaving PETRONAS. It was informed that many cried over a two-page farewell note that he posted in the PETRONAS Intranet yesterday. With a tinge of sadness and mixed feeling, my comment is, a great man such as Tan Sri Mohd Hassan Marican has surely left a great legacy to the future PETRONAS generation and thus, he has to go to build another realm for another great triumph for this lovely nation – Malaysia. Thank you Tan Sri.

Allow me to quote few phrases from his Thank You Note:
“This note is addressed to the entire PETRONAS family where ever they are – across the globe, on the platforms, sailing the oceans, in the deserts, in the snow and the service forecourts”.

“In my years in PETRONAS, I have made many decisions – some right, some wrong and some unpleasant. These decision were based on analysis and information available at that moment in time, and some a judgment call. There would have been occasions when some of the decisions may have hurts some of you. I have many shortcomings. I have endeavored to be fair, reasonable and consistent. I offer you my apologies and humbly seek your forgiveness. I am after all a mere mortal – lacking in many aspects”.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

We do not, unfortunately, have an honour and pride to know a Person like Tan Sri often. As a foreignor, but having had a privilege to be in the environment with him, having seen the respect and admiration of people around him, having heard his sincere, touching and highly internally motivational speeches and just common conversation, I have to say I have never been so impressed by a person like Him. I wish I could have an honour to work with him to absorb as much as I could from his intelligence, foresight, integrity, modesty etc. He is nothing but an example of a true Leader. I could write & write everything I feel about him as a Professional, Person, Leader... I wish we had more people like Him! Like my friend once mentioned: "He is just a First Class Guy..." Tan Sri, you legacy is enternal. God bless you and your family! We love You!