Iftar around Mandarah

|

There are slightly more than 4 millions (based on 2008 census) people living in Alexandria and Mandharah is one the most densely populated places. In general, the Egyptians prefer having their Iftar or breakfasting with the family in restaurants, friends’ house, and/or hotels. Two days ago, my good friend Ayman invited me to his Iftar at Al-Balbab, one of the top seafood restaurants in Alexandria. His owner, Ashraf, a very pleasant and down-to-earth type, is a multimillionaire now, and he has another branch at downtown. I managed capturing few shots of this scene at Mandharah. I would not deny the fact and intention of having the iftar in this mode though, but most of the occasions that I have seen, people copiously abundant the foods as if there is no more tomorrow! And, what sadden me, 40% of its population is solemnly poor inhabitant, who hardly consumed third-class ‘Aiyesh or bread.

0 comments: