C1::1st ever BORNEO level conference

|

The 5th Borneo LNG Conference was my first ever Borneo level conference I have ever attended. I’m relatively new in this LNG business anyway! It was held at Pullman Hotel in Kuching from 29 – 30 January 2012. Participated by the world top 10 LNG players – Indonesia’s PT Badak, Brunei LNG and Malaysia LNG (who is the second largest LNG plant in one single location after Qatar LNG), the two days conference had given me the chance to learn more about LNG plant and its related technical issues as well as best practices. What had made it more interesting and memorable to me was the role that the organizer entrusted me to shoulder – the Chairman of the first plenary session immediately after the launching speech by our MD/CEO. Alhamdullillah, it went well! But, I must say, playing the pace-setting role though was a bit scary to me in the beginning. Thank you to the Management and the Organiser for giving me the challenge. A bit about the objective of the conference was among others, providing platform for the three LNG players to share and exchange their best practices, lessons learnt and enhancing rapport/networking.

0 comments: